Personal Injury Pre-Litigation Specalist • HOLLYWOOD, FL
Growing Plaintiff Personal Injury firm based in Hollywood, Florida is seeking to fill a newly opened position of Personal Injury Legal Assistant with experience working in the areas of Insurance and Personal Injury. This position requires a paraprofessional with college level writing skills, good written and communication skills in English and Creole, professional appearance, team oriented, that has a zeal for learning and growth, and the ability to work without supervision. Must have 3+ years experience in Personal Injury and must be able to process PI case from beginning to end. The firm provides a great working environment and will pay the right candidate accordingly. Candidate must possess the ability to type 50 – 60 wpm, and must be eager to work with very busy attorneys and have a great attitude. Must also be self-motivated, able to track deadlines, and multi-task assignments.
Responsibilities : Enhances attorney effectiveness by developing case information, evidence, and settlement options; tracking cases; supporting attorney’s trial proceedings.
- Manage multi-line telephones, set appointments for new/existing clients, and take case information from clients, medical providers, insurance companies, and opposing counsels.
- Open new files (obtain medical records and bills, police reports, insurance information, request for PIP payout sheets, and fill out PIP applications for clients.)
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring and maintaining calendars for Associate Attorney; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and confirming case status with attorney; coordinate and schedule EUOs, depositions, hearings, mediations, and arbitrations as well as assisting the attorney in preparing for the same.
- Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications : Reporting Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Client Relationships, Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Dependability, Client Confidentiality, Verbal and written communication.
Languages : English (Fluent), Creole (Fluent) and Spanish (preferred)
- Competitive salary, commensurate with your experience
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Days
- 401k Plan
Work hours are Monday thru Friday – 8:30am to 5:30pm.
Job Type: Full-time